[meteorite-list] New Silicated Iron from Patagonia!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Sep 10 19:30:16 2006

Hello everyone, I want to show off my newest
acquisition, a new silicated-iron meteorite from
Patagonia, Argentina. It was found only 2 weeks ago,
by people hunting for agates in the southern Patagonia
deserts. Exact location being withheld pending search
for more specimens.
It weighs 26.5 kilograms, and has remnant fresh fusion
crust. You can see the photos of it here.
It contains large areas of silicate material, looks
achondritic, and then large amounts of emerald-green
pyroxene crystals, some measuring over 10 mm long!
This is a very nice meteorite, I am stoked to have got
my hands on it today. It will be in Denver, on Display
in Blaine Reed's room or with myself.
 I will be in Denver from Tuesday around 1 pm until
Sunday morning. I am bringing a large amount of rare
material, of course, some nice pieces of Moss CO3
meteorite.
See the new Patagonia iron here
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/collection/Patagoniairon.htm
Anyone ever see one quite like this one?
Mike Farmer