[meteorite-list] Not meteorite related

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 04:35:39 2006

Not meteorite related / Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:25:21 -0500

For those of you who haven't heard yet America has been attacked. This makes the
Oklahoma bombing look like child's play. A plane has hit the Pentagon and one
plane has hit each of the World Trade Center towers. One of the towers has collapsed.
According to some news reports up to three of our commercial planes have been hijacked
as well. Rhett Bourland

Report from New York / Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:24:35 -0400

Dear Listees: Here in Jersey City we are just over a mile away from what was the World
Trade Center, and all of the eastern sky is covered with smoke. We saw the second tower
collapse from the bank of the Hudson. It was a terrible sight. The entire area is being
sealed off by police, as survivors are coming out of Manhattan by ferry and brought to
shore near our house. List member Darryl Pitt's office is in midtown NYC (several miles
north of the disaster), so we will hope and assume that he is okay. List member Geoff
Cintron works outside of NYC, and we assume the same for him. We are okay here, but
phone lines are swamped, so you may not hear from us for a while. I will keep this
short, as we are trying to reach friends and relatives in the area. Geoff Notkin

No subject / Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:10:06 -0700

Please pray for the thousands of dead in our country today. Mike Farmer