[meteorite-list] DON'T NEED METEORITES TO TRANSFER LIFE TO OTHER WORLDS

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 16 21:27:41 2006

It's amazing what these journals will publish these
days!

Most of us would read this and think "hmmm, don't se
what's wrong with that" but history teaches that we
cannot accept an argument simply because it sounds
plausible.

Get a high altitude NASA jet up there and scoop the
air with that aerogel (or similar) and I bet they
don't find anything, especially not highly elvolved
upper atmospheric bacteria.

I love the concept of them evolving up there into
super-space-faring-beasties.

Just one question...what the smeg to they feed on
while they're at 200,000 ft evolving from ground based
bugs to astronauts? Micrometeorites?

Rob McCafferty