[meteorite-list] Unbelievably late package

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 18 19:46:00 2006

In a message dated 9/18/2006 10:04:09 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
brandes_at_gmx.at writes:
>One year seven and a half months for the package to cross the US. Who can
>beat that?

I got one of my packages from a well known US-dealer ;) after three months,
with inside notice: This package was opened by the AUSTRALIAN customs.

Around the world and still not unbelievably late.

They do have fast carrier pigeons there ;)

Greetings from AUSTRIA
Stefan

I once sent a small package to Peru, Indiana. Of course it went to Lima
Peru, where someone stamped it "address unknown" and sent it back to the "Dead
Mail" center in Miami. There some smart person noticed the address and sent it
on its way.
It arrived one month late, in perfect shape.
I would like to have the frequent flyer miles that package earned!

Another one sent to Texas came back with the notice "Customs Declaration is
missing". We have always known that Texas is different but when did it become
independent? ;-)

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com