[meteorite-list] Elbert meteorite, Lavrentievka meteorite and NWA 4302 Diogenite

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 18:48:23 +0200

Hi all,

regarding the Elbert meteorite :

Thanks to Matt Morgan for making it available to get me

a crusted partslice of my birthday meteorite.

Elbert fell on January 11, 1998

I gave it a high polish and here are the pics:

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/Elbert_3.294g_A.jpg

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/Elbert_3.294g_B.jpg

5 and a half years ago Sergey Vassiliev in cooperation with Martin Horejsi

made it possible to get me a 40 mg fragment

of my other birthday meteorite Lavrentievka, which fell on January 11, 1938

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/Lavrentievka_0.040g.jpg

Now I own a sample of every meteorite that fell on January 11th.

Both are only a single stone fall with very low TKW

and finally I want to show you an endcut of the NWA 4302 Diogenite

that I recently got from Greg Hupe. I also gave this stone a high polish and

here's the result:

Looking like the great Johnstown Diogenite with

great clear and shiny green olivine crystals.

www.austromet.com/CollnPics/NWA_4302_1.756g_B.jpg

it is really worth a look

enjoy the pics

best wishes to all,