[meteorite-list] [OT-ish] "From the Earth to the Moon"

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 23:14:58 -0400

Hello Geoff and List,

Geoff kindly wrote:
"Astronaut/geologist Harrison "Jack" Schmitt is featured in Episodes 10 and
12. That was a treat, as a number of us had the pleasure of meeting Jack
when he was guest of honor at the Westward Look Resort thanks to..."

This very same "...thanks..." was on the List a year or two ago when it was
pointed out that the person who was mainly to thank was Dave Waisman, the
promoter for the Westward Look Resort Show, and person who arranged the
event. Those who had sales rooms at the Westward Look Resort that year
agreed in supplying expenses involved in having Harrison "Jack" Schmitt
speak at the event. Lets give true credit were it is due, the promoter who
arranged it all! Lets quit giving Lang credit where it is not due, he did
not arrange it, he helped pay the tab!

I agree that it was an honor to meet Dr. Schmitt at the Westward Look Resort
and I also enjoyed watching the HBO mini-series. "Thank You" Dave Waisman
and "Thank You" Tom Hanks for arranging these two separate events which draw
together the path of one man.

Best regards,
Greg