[meteorite-list] Yes, stop the BS :P and look at this

From: jeremy at thegallowaygrp.com <jeremy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:06:52 -0400

To me it looks like a transitional brecciated eucrite/howardite, with minor impactor inclusions. The main impact on 4 Vesta had to be incredibly violent, and probably created a wider variety of lithologies than are accounted for in the HED achondrites. Your new piece might be evidence of that impact, and could be important to the right people. Does anyone know which institution, or foremost expert, would be best to contact with anomalous achondrites? I guess we will have to wait and see. On a side note, hopefully NASA's Dawn probe will be successful, and provide insights on the matter.
Beautiful stone, and congratulations! -Jeremy

--
This message was sent on behalf of jeremy at thegallowaygrp.com at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com/6443023.html