[meteorite-list] NWA 3159 Eucrite Xpol micrographs

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:38:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/6/2007 9:29:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
tett at rogers.com writes:
Tom,

Outstanding!

I also liked the super high 1600x magnification. The metal bleb is awesome.
Is this perhaps toilet?

I should be receiving my 3159 thin section within the month and now can't
wait to get it.

Cheers,

Mike Tettenborn

Hi Mike thanks for the compliment. I hate the way spell checkers set me up.
 I have sent out some funny ones.

I hate to guess what I am looking at, I just don't have the experience.
Additionally, things that look one way in Xpol, may have a very different look
in incident light. Perhaps someone on the list could answer?

You will enjoy your thin. It it covered or polished? This thin I used was
a loan from Jeff Hodges, a very fine polished thin he had special made for
me to do reflected light imaging on.

Tom