[meteorite-list] To the dreamers

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:18:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi Darren:

I do not disagree with you on that. From an education point of view (I am
trying to teach them astronomy), you want your students to understand what
is going on with the sky. But at the same time, you want them to
appreciate the wonders of the night sky (in this case) and with this
appreciation comes understanding (I hope).

In my case, with students who will not become scientists, first comes the
awareness of what is up there (you can see the Moon during the day?). If
they then learn something, then that is important too. At least I got them
out there and appreciating/enjoying Nature and got them away from their
textbooks (yeh, right) and their computers and video games.

Larry