[meteorite-list] Unknown Object

From: greg stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:11:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone:

  I found this over the weekend in the Mojave Desert in California. I really have my doubts but it has some interesting features. The shape is almost egg shaped and seems smooth. It has a black coating on it and in some areas it?s shiny; a lot has been weathered off. In the upper left picture, the black coating can be seen. Another interesting feature is the mineral grains on the surface look melted, like globs. Some grains are black, some are white and others are milky, but they look globular. After cutting it, it looks like a basalt, small vugs can be seen. It?s not black though, but a med. to light gray.

  I just wanted to get peoples? thoughts on this.

  Thanks,

  Greg Stanley

It's here! Your new message!