[meteorite-list] NEW Angrite Lithology - NWA 4590 "Tamassint" - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:06:39 -0400

Dear List Members,

I would like to announce a NEW and Officially Approved Angrite which is of a
different lithology than the other known agrites. It is NWA 4590
"Tamassint". The total known weight is just 212.8 grams. Due to the fragile
nature of this material and the low TKW, I chose not to cut any slices and
will offer it as the fragments were found. This is some of the most
beautiful material I have seen in a while. Here are a couple links to see
this beautiful new angrite:

Group image of NWA 4590 "Tamassint":

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4590/nwa4590group.jpg

Microscopic image of matrix at 12x magnification::

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4590/nwa4590micro.jpg

Close-up image of fusion crust at 10x magnification:

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4590/nwa4590crust.jpg

Link to the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference abstract on NWA 4590:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2007/pdf/1522.pdf

I loaded 28 of the largest available specimens on eBay under my seller name,
NaturesVault. Click here to see all that I just loaded:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvaultQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

For further classification information, click on one of the eBay auctions.

Best regards and "Thank You" for bidding!
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)