[meteorite-list] To whom it may concern........

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:16:44 +0000

What Doug said. Ruben, if your mind is already made up, then go well, but you will be missed.For the coverup, aside from sunblock, there is a line of beach and surf wear (I believe the brand is Alpha) that blocks 100% of the sun's rays, but is ultralightweight for swimmers and surfers; you might want to see if that would help. It comes in both long and short sleeve/pants, like wetsuits.Tracy Latimer> From: MexicoDoug at aim.com> To: meteoritemall at yahoo.com; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:32:26 -0500> Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] To whom it may concern........> > Hello friends, I hope I'm not alone in feeling down after reading this.> While I don't know anything about the forces at work and haven't kept up> with any of the US Southwest issues, I feel lousy now, because here I've> been all along in the background enjoying every single hunting post Ruben> makes and his really nice web-page that he's work so hard with pride of his> work together with his son, and after I
post so much, now I finally scrape> up a post to recognize when he is disgusted because of 'personalities'> making some wholesome thing like meteorite hunting no longer fun to him.> > Ruben I'm sorry for being such an idiot and for not sending you some> encouraging words earlier for bringing some of the most adrenaline releasing> tales I've ever read and most beautiful pictures into my living room. Truly> they are some of the nicest and most exciting I've read.> > Hope to see you in the field sometime again, this time not by accident, and> congratulations on whatever you decide. Surely we can find a hypoallergenic> sunblock if that would be all it took (did you check Almay's (NC, USA)> product line?)> > Best wishes and Great Health,> Doug> PS I don't feel sorry for you: I feel sorry for all the tales you'd be> writing that I'll be missing.> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Ruben Garcia" <meteoritemall at yahoo.com>> To: <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>> Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:51 P
M> Subject: [meteorite-list] To whom it may concern........> > > Hi all,> > It is with sadness and regret that I am writing today.> I've been thinking about this for some time now, and> today I have made my final decision. Let me explain.> > Due to certain personalities in this hobby I have> grown more and more disenchanted with meteorites,> meteorite collecting and meteorite hunting.> > Also, in February I was told by my dermatologist to> stay out of the sun. This is because of non-cancerous> lesions that have appeared on my face and hands over> the last year. According to him my attempts at> covering up are not working. Since I am allergic to> sun block I am pretty much out of luck.> > I've always said that when this hobby ceased being fun> I'd cease doing it. I'm done.> > To make a long story short, I have already taken down> my website and will remove myself from this forum> a.s.a.p. I will no longer write about meteorites or> meteorite hunting. I am walking away from all the> trouble and trouble makers.
 It's just not worth it.> Unfortunately, I'll also leave behind the fun and> excitement that I used to have when finding meteorites> with my son, or teaching a newbie.> > I will honor any deals or agreements regarding> meteorites that I've made in the past.> > Don't feel sorry for me or my son though. I'm sure> that we'll start doing all the things normal Fathers> and Sons do. Diamondbacks and Suns games here we come!> > Thanks to everyone that helped make the last 9 years> enjoyable.> > Goodbye,> > Ruben Garcia> > > > Ruben Garcia> Phoenix, Arizona> http://www.mr-meteorite.com> > > > ____________________________________________________________________________> ________> Bored stiff? Loosen up...> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.> http://games.yahoo.com/games/front> ______________________________________________> Meteorite-list mailing list> Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list> > _________________________________________
Live Search Maps ? find all the local information you need, right when you need it.
http://maps.live.com/?icid=wlmtag2&FORM=MGAC01