[meteorite-list] LOCATION of a hammer

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:31:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling -

As I remember it now, and this is after my stroke -

What happened was that cheap grain imports from Africa
ruined the land owning farmers around Rome. This led
to continuing "turbulence" - the socii being but one
of the later examples of these stuggles. These started
shortly after the defeat of Carthage, and the
beginning of the North African grain.

What I think we're looking for is some temple
celebrating Pompeius Strabo's defeat, something built
later on. It's possible the meteorite was mentioned as
a baetyl, or that it was later lost due to neglect -
after a few centuries, no one cared anymore...

I've had a stroke, damn it, so if its going to get
done it up to someone else now -

Ed

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>