[meteorite-list] Meteorite smugglers anger scientists

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:17:28 +0100

Don't forget there are actually LOTS of Antarctic meteorites! I'd say
those figures are pretty good considering most (though not all) NWA's
are usually quite weathered, and off a bit less science value than the
pristine ones collected on ice... That's probably why the statistics
show non NWA's are under represented in literature. I doubt it's because
NWA's are too expensive to work on.

Best
Mark Ford