[meteorite-list] Kalahari 009 (lunar) photo

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:05:21 -0500

"Classification and mineralogy (...): olivine, Fa63?18; pyroxene Fs42?10;
plagioclase An85-98. The shock stage of the rock is S4, the weathering grade
is W1."

"wt.%: Al: 14.68; Si: 20.73; Mg: 2.68; Fe: 3.5; Ca: 11.1."

Thanks for posting the photo and the nice web page Randy. Would you know
how a weathering grade was assigned (probably there is more to this seeing
it was classified at Wlotzka's Max Planck) , I wonder how much iron and FeS
of the 3.5% Fe was actually available/useful to this end? W1 is
statistically quite a nice rating to fall off the turnip truck, wouldn't a
simple Antarctic "A" be more appropriate?

Best Wishes and Good Health,
Doug