[meteorite-list] SAU Specimen

From: Cj .. <cj_peanut_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:20:55 -0700

Hi All,

I have a question to put out. I recently have been reorganizing my micro
collection to catalog. I ran across a gem jar with a small 2.23g crusted
fragment marked SaU 119. I didn't really think much of it at first, but when
I looked up the information on it I realized this could bn an issue.

How likely is it to have a 2.23g crusted fragment of a meteorite with a TKW
of 432gms from a single stone with most of the mass in Russian Institutions?

I bought this piece a couple of years ago on Ebay and no longer have a
specimen card, if I ever did. I don't remember who I bought it from.

Any thoughts?

CJ Lebel

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood ...