[meteorite-list] Seeking Information on Powellsville

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 19:25:26 -0400

Hi Group,

I need some information on Powellsville, Ohio if anyone has a good lead
of information on it. I have ran a search on net for this and even
better search my extensive library on the subject but can't seem to find
any further details. I'd like to run down any papers written on the
corundum found in the mass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I have on it:

Powellsville Scioto County, Ohio, H5 (stone) - Found in 1990 but
possibly fell 1926.

During the cutting of the Powellsville mass, a large metal "blotch" was
discovered in one of the slices. Scattered throughout this "blotch" were
numerous deep red and very clear (transparent) crystals. The slice is
currently under investigation into the possible corundum (i.e. rubies)
located within this meteorite.

Thanks!

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites