[meteorite-list] Tektite Surface Question & Anda

From: Aubrey Whymark <tinbider_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 00:05:59 +0100 (BST)

Hi

  Yes I have a few more ideas and intend to add to the website (www.tektites.co.uk) in a week or two when I return to the UK. Also check out my links page. I want to write more on the Anda sculpture (and V-grooves) and more on my belief that the impact site is in the Bay of Tonkin, where any depression would be very rapidly covered by deltaic sediments. This best fits the distribution of tektites, wheras Tonle Sap doesn't make so much sense. I'll do a bit on ejecta distribution patterns too. Also I am getting a better feeling for some of the sculpture on Indochinites so I'll be adding to that also.

  So, who paid $561 dollars for the moldavite-like Anda Indochinite slim teardrop on ebay? A truely unique specimen with some interesting implications on the chemical weathering argument. If you have this stone I would kill for an image. I have a similar, but poorer example. Contact me at aubrey at tektites.co.uk.

  Also, have you seen the spinning tektites (sadly all sold) at http://www.meteorite.fr/en/forsale/tectite.htm - you don't need an explanation on how these formed! Amazing specimens.

  Regards, Aubrey

Moni Waiblinger <moni2555 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Or read more info on this url from Aubrey Whymark

www.tektites.co.uk

Great reading material and images!

With best regards,
Moni