[meteorite-list] the ugly weathered chondrite

From: steve arnold <stevenarnold60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 13:25:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list.Sometime ago Tom Phillips,the micro photo
guy,got some very weathered ugly chondrites,that did
not even looked like they should even be in your
house,but after cutting them they show a very black
universe.Devoid of chondrules and a small smattering
of metal flecks losely floating about.I just got 118
grams in slices,endcuts and individuals.I have to
say,despite the awful outside,the inside is just
beautiful.Tom says that this is classification and
hoprfully soon there will be an answer as to what this
is.There is a slight pull with my magnet,maybe
suggesting an LL maybe.Any thoughts from others that
might have some of this?Just having it to look at the
gorgeous interior is enough to have it.Picks soon on
my website.I hope to obtain more later.

Steve R.Arnold,chicago,Ill,Usa!!
  Collecting Meteorites since 06/19/1999!!
  chicagometeorites.net.Specializing
  in Gao Meteorites!
  Ebay I.D. Illinoismeteorites