[meteorite-list] Martian Meteorite Heat Ablation?

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:47:03 -0700 (MST)

Chris beat me to this.

The scale height of Earth's atmosphere is about 6 km and Mars is about 11.
So, in the range where meteors "burn up" and where aerobraking is
important, th martian atmosphere is comparable to Earth's. I thought that
it was still a little thinner than Earth, but will not argue with that
(though I think that this was part of the problem with Beagle).

Larry