[meteorite-list] Intro the muck once again

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 16:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

I wrote:

"That point may be placed between say about 45,000 BCE
and 8,249 BCE.?"

Paul wrote:

"Contrary to what Mr. Grondine claims above, none of
the projectile points reported by Hibben (1943) has
been dated as being older 11,000 BP."

What I claimed was "between". Last time I checked
11,000 BP came between 45,000 BCE and 8,249 BCE. But
then perhaps its new math, or new archaeology, or
something else. I go with something else.

Given this level of discussion, one has to wonder why
I carry on - oh yes, its because there was an impact
that killed large numbers of people, and that and only
that makes it worth the time and aggravation.

Now it's all very easy to say some 60 years later to
say that "this was the deposit that Hibbens saw" or
that "this was the place he was", and then make claims
about his work. The specific deposits which Hibbens
examined were destroyed in the same hydraulic mining
operation that exposed them.

But what I find hard to accept is why Hibbens would
lie, when those who were there with him were still
alive. And why would he lie about what he saw?

Answer me those two, simply and politely, Paul, and
I'll consider it.

Two other points:

1)None of the known major mega-tsunamis caused by
volcanic island landslides seem to have shown up in
any of these studies Paul cites, and
2) While Paul has commented on the lack of mega-fauna
remains in the new studies, he has not comment on the
what was it, 30 or 90 feet? of marine sediment
overlying that the spearpoint Hibbens retrieved from
that cat's ribcage.

By the way, does anyone here remember that "tektite"
which I noticed in the Pathfinder images several years
back? Has anyone here taken another look at the
Pathfinder and Viking images for meteorites?

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas
available from Mark Abbott