[meteorite-list] FW: CALI COLOMBIA HOUSE SMASHER> Assorted Sizes & Prices!

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 01:57:38 -0700

Mike Farmer,
1) I do not have an issue with you. If I had an issue with
You (and there have been a few over the years, as there are
in any relationship) I would take it to you, not to the list.
Perhaps you inferred I was sniping at you? Not the case.
2) I simply stated $4000/g is what I paid for the first material
That was made available to me, and that is a fact.
3) I also stated I was told that ALL the other material had
Been sold to private collectors and that is also a fact. (I never
Held you responsible for what anyone else does or did)
4)Nor do I have any issues with Robert Ward. If I did, I would
Take them to him. I felt he dealt with me in a completely honest
Manor - as did you. I hold neither of you responsible for the actions
Of others.
5) I never implied one iota that the material was worth LESS
Than $4,000. In fact that is what I paid for much of what I have.
6) Please do not confuse me with a certain European malcontent
That DOES "come to this list" to complain about you. That is his
Problem. As I stated, if and when I have an issue with you I will
Deal with you directly. If you look back over the years you will
Realize that has always been the case. Consequently, I feel
Completely clear with you, though not particularly pleased
About your post below, as you seem to have inferred other than
What I actually stated. However, it is nothing to make a big deal
Of and certainly not fodder for the list. If you feel less than ok
about any of it, please feel free to contact me off list.
        That being said, as for you, Darryl Pitt, it is beyond me
Why you would, unprovoked, snipe at me, especially since I have
Effusively praised YOUR Valera as an all time buy in the world
Of hammers. However, again, this is not the forum to discuss
Whatever resentments you hold toward me as implied by
Your comment, and I encourage you to contact me directly off
list rather than take pot shots here.
        As for the collectors who are interested in Cali, you can
Decide what is worth what. I will not be selling it cheaper than
$4,000/g and will be happy to keep what little was obtainable
For myself if no one wants any. If they do, that will be dandy,
Too. The finders literally risked their lives to get it, less than 300
Grams total exists and only a very few grams are still available
To the collecting public.
        Of course, you could always let Darryl Pitt and the European
Malcontent tell you what meteorites are worth, but personally I
Have always held they are worth what people are willing to pay -
And I was willing to pay a lot for Cali and I do not regret it. Those
Who feel the same are welcome to some and those who don't
Are welcome to do without.
        Best wishes, Michael