[meteorite-list] Rusting gujba!

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:50:27 +0100

Hi all,

Has anyone else on the list had problems with gujba rusting? I have a
good slice which is just starting to show some signs of rust in a couple
of places. It is kept in a reasonably dry environment in a membrane box.

If anyone has any suggestions of how to stop it deteriorating. I would
be most grateful for advice. Because of the nature of Gujba I am loathed
to use any oils that would change the appearance of the non metallic
areas or use some of the other methods that I have found help with other
nickel iron meteorites.

Graham Ensor... Nr Barwell UK