[meteorite-list] Scientist Claims Calculations Prove Life Began inComet

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:07:09 +0100

>> Chandra Wickramasinghe

Isn't that one of the scientists connected with that 'red rain'saga?
(and famous advocate of Aids and other virus's arriving from space??)

Seems to be <highly> speculative from what I can gather : basically if
you assume water and clays exist in a stable place long enough (and
assume that's what you need for life to start) and also assume that
comets are around for much longer than the right conditions on Earth
where, then you can assume life statistically started on comets - hmmm
not sure that applying a Drake equation' to a comet is proving
anything!!

Why do people still desperately want to believe that life was seeded
from space (Panspermia), when all the building blocks are here on
Earth??? - I just can't figure it, perhaps it's a version of
creationism or something??.

Mark F.