[meteorite-list] Some help with [Brenham] inclusions

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2007 14:30:22 UT

Hello Mike M., Herman and List,

Herman kindly wrote: "I believe the long schreibersite inclusions
are called 'richenbach lamellae', please correct me if I am wrong."

I don't think we are looking at so-called "Reichenbach Lamellae"
(= chromite laths surrounded by troilite / chromite = FeCr2O4).
Wouldn't Reichenbach Lamellae be much thinner and (almost)
straight, ... needle-like?

But maybe it's Reichenbach Lamellae and schreibersite simultaneously.
This has been observed in the Sychevka IIIAB iron, where troilite is
intergrown with schreibersite and chromite within the Reichenbach
lamellae of that iron.

Best regards,

Bernd

To: Metorman46 at aol.com