[meteorite-list] NWA 2635 - Achondrite (ungrouped)

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2007 20:50:29 UT

Tuesday, Aug 21, 2007, Michael (Cottingham) wrote:

"NWA 2635, Achondrite, Ungrouped. I have many pieces both up for
auction and in my ebay store at what I think are Great Prices.
Starting at $7.00 per gram, for a new Achondrite-Ungrouped! A
little while ago this stuff ... was doing $50 to $100 per gram.
 I got a good deal on the Main Mass so I am passing it on to you!"

Hello All!

I would like to confirm Michael's statement, confirm, ...especially regarding
the price per gram he is asking. I bought a 2.41-gram slice from the previous
owner(s) of this achondrite when it was still assumed it might be an H7 (!)
chondrite and I paid $125 - this is about 52 dollars per gram. In other words,
$7 per gram is an extremely generous offer for an extremely interesting achondrite!

It's *not* an H chondrite even though it has H chondrite affinities. It's not a
brachinite even though it contains about 70% olivine. So, what is it? Go, get
one and look at it!

Best wishes,

Bernd