[meteorite-list] More Muck from Paul

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:59:04 -0500

John,

    There is a list rule about "courtesy" and "professionalism"
which is widely interpreted as "no personal attacks." A post
that addresses only the supposed character of another poster
without even mentioning the subject under discussion is, well,
a personal attack.

    "Courtesy" may be open to question sometimes, but I'm
pretty sure to have any "professionalism" you have to actually
talk about what you're talking about. The subject is the reliability
(and the interpretation) of an oral (possibly written) tradition.

    The Walam Olum is a subject of controversy greater than
the controversies about impacts that were being discussed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walam_Olum . Check it out.

    Ed believes it preserves an ancient account. Darren is
skeptical of that. They said so, and they said why. It's open
to argument and amenable to discussion. What's your opinion?

    I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. I'm just saying,
let's talk about the topic, and not the person.

Sterling K. Webb