[meteorite-list] A few Hard Answers for some really stupid questions

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:49:18 -0400

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:26:45 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>1) Darren, the peoples' creation myths are different
>than their traditions (histories).

Tomayto, tomahto. Non-answer.

>Further, these seven and a half foot tall people
>survived to European contact, and we have Captain John
>Smith's and others' accounts of them. (They're
>included in my book.)

I'd ask for the references to that, but I'll never see you again (see below)

>I see. You can't handle the newly discovered impactite
>layer, so you'll resort to another tactic, such as
>accusing me of cultural bias, or superstition.

I don't give a flying frack at a rolling doughnut about your impact layers in
this argument. I don't deny in any way that there could be late-prehistory
impacts. I have NEVER ONCE claimed otherwise. What I've been questioning the
whole time is the reliability of myths as records of deeply ancient human
history. The fact that you are claiming that I've addressed or dismissed in any
way issues of impactite layers, buckyballs, or any other geological evidence is
a straw man of your own creation.

>Well, actually, Darren, in addition to a wiff of
>Wendat (Huron) and Ojibwe on Dad's French Canadian
>side, I am one eighth Shawneee from my mother,
>specifically Thewighilly Division Shawnee, whose
>responsibility it was to see that the traditions were
>handed down intact and uncorrupted.

Thanks for exposing your ingraned bias against objective analysis.

>But your insults are not what motivates me here. The
>ancestors made a great effort to pass on their
>warnings about the hazards they faced in the past, and

Yep, that's objective and scientific. I see your agenda now. You are a True
Believer. This is your religion. No room for discussion left.

I've found the proper response for you. Immediate killfile. You and the list
will never be bothered with posts about your drivel from me again.