[meteorite-list] Hard (really stupid )

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 22:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

Individual skeletons, not entire collective burial of
members of particular genetically tall groups, were
interred in the fashion described by Dragoo. Not all
Adena individuals where buried in mounds, and Adena
socioeconomic structure was probably hierarchical.
Exceptionally tall people may have enjoyed enhanced
cultural significance and this significance may be
reflected by the statistically disproportionate
distribution of skeletal remains interred in mounds of
individuals above two meters in height.
An impact did not wipe out the Clovis people, but the
fluted point style specialized for the killing and
butchering of megafauna became extinct as a result of
rapid reversion to glacial conditions and subsequent
irreversible extinction of most megafauna. Until
radiocarbon and stratigraphic analysis can define the
duration and breadth of events directly preceding the
rapid climatic change of the Younger Dryas, impacts
will hold no assumed correlation to climatic change in
that period.

-Thaddeus

=== message truncated ===