[meteorite-list] 1cm scale cube available

From: Joe <kerchner420_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello List,
    These are the first 1cm Scale cubes made from Neodymium Magnets for the purpose of taking photos of meteorites. These are grade N35 and are coated with black nickel. I had these specially made to my specs. These are available for $10 each. The reason I chose Grade N35 is so that that do not smack the meteorite or any other metal with enough force to shatter them, if they were any higher they would not last. These should last many years. The reason I chose the black nickel coating is so that it will not create a glare in the photos like a silver one would.

     I am looking into having the standard 6 letters. I am working on a way to make it so they do not get worn away over time. Neodymium is hard to have cut or engraved and it shatters when struck with the force it takes to use a punch. Which is why I am only selling them for $10 each right now, once I succeed in getting letters on them that will be durable enough to last the life of the cube, they will be $20 each.

  Best Wishes,

Joe Kerchner

http://illinoismeteorites.com