[meteorite-list] not to sell samples of the new impactite layer, but ...

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

Thaddeus,

The people here on this list sell meteorites and
geological specimens. I don't know how they feel about
being called "inauthentic", but I resent it.

Speaking of motives, we all know you do not want to
see the evidence of impacts at the start of the
holocene. It appears that it will blow some
hypothesis of yours, and thus greatly damage your
reputation, IN YOUR MIND.

After pages and pages of citations, we finally got you
to admit that the specific deposit which Hibbens
examined was destroyed by the same hydaulic mining
operation which revealed it. That was my initial
point, and it only took a month for you to concede it.

And yes, now that you mention it, I suppose that sales
of spherules from Tunguska would be nice as well. If
they were commonly sold, it would stop a lot of the
nonsense about alien spaceships.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

(http://www.agu.org/meetings/sm07/sm07-sessions/sm07_PP41A.html