[meteorite-list] Peter Marmet's Website

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:48:34 +0200

Yes, Peter Marmet and e.g. Martin Horejsi are the more prominent
members of this list who have accumulated an almost incredible
collection of historically important pieces - by far better than
many university collections. It is these people who help promote
a "meteoritical continuity" from mainly a collector?s perspective.
There are others around, who don?t use to speak up here, and have
similar top-grade-collections especially of the classical pieces,
but some high-rollers in this field better prefer to hide in the
dark, which also should be respected. Remember: our lifespan is
limited, while these very old rocks from space need some pretty
good curation some time in the few eyeglimpses in between, while
we are here to care for them...

That?s what makes people like Peter and others good caretakers and
guardians for the old stuff, which will survive us all (..unless
cut down to the smallest infinities and losing character, that is)!

Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------