[meteorite-list] Ancient bacteria could point to life on Mars

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:08:38 +0100

Why not?

Remember these space probes are actually (in some cases even heated)
sealed micro environments of their own, (nice for transporting
extreemophile bugs! (+ The usual competition bugs have been half killed
off). We know we have bugs on earth which can survive space travel, and
there are no doubt bugs which could survive for a while on mars, so ....
if they got deep into the soil.... it might take a while... but.

Unless we find Martian life that is <totally different> to any Earth
life, there will always be that nagging doubt...

Mark