[meteorite-list] Peru's heritage-- a muddy hole.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:44:03 -0800 (PST)

"Foreigners want to get their hands on it"
WOW, how many people really want to get their hands on
a mud-hole? Whatever meteorite is left at the scene
is now rotted mud anyway, so I think they have little
to fear, except from their own "scientists".
The damage done to Carancas meteorite and crater was
done by the incompetence and simple ignorance of the
local government.
Michael Farmer

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-5223-peru-meteorite-crater-puno-peru-declared-natural-heritage-site