[meteorite-list] Does Erg Chech = Mali ????

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:54:00 EST

In a message dated 12/3/2007 6:40:03 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
dmerchan at rochester.rr.com writes:
Hi List. Since we are on the subject of Mali which Mike Farmer stated is or
will be confirmed H/L4 Does this also mean the name is now called ERG CHECH?
Also if this is all true that only 478 grams or so TKW then should I be glad
I own a 7+gm individual with 80% crust or am I, like Anne, getting confused
with another meteorite?
Thank List
Sincerely
Don Merchant

Hello Don,

The confusion was from reading way too many emails, too fast.
Here is what we were all talking about:

CALI, fell in Colombia (South America)
Mike Farmer said, it is a H/L4, total known weight 478 grams.

CARANCAS, Fell in Peru (South America), no classification yet, total weight
about 8 kilos

ERG CHECH, a probable Fall in Mali (Africa), no classification or total
weight yet.

Anything else you would like clarified? ;-)

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.