[meteorite-list] Win A Meteorite Contest 2.0: Winner Announcement!

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:02:27 -0800

Hi all,

We have a winner of the Win a Meteorite Contest 2.0 With a winning
guess of 14grams Larry Atkins wins it! Congratulations Larry! Good
guessing! More than 200 guesses were posted and many were "Oh so
close" but only Larry won this contest.

Giving away meteorites is fun! I've given away 3 meteorites within
48hrs, will you be the next winner?

Maybe I should cut back a bit on the giveaways. What do you guys
think? ;) I think the next contest is gonna have to be more
challenging. You guys are just too good at guessing the weight of
meteorites. Maybe I'll do something like "Guess The Exact Weight!"
and put up a batch of multiple meteorites. Only this time you guys
have to guess the exact weight to the 10th gram.

Hmmm... That sounds like fun! ;)

I want to thank everyone for participating in the contest, and for
all the awesome email thanking me for the contest. I'll announce the
winners on my site MeteoriteWatch.com soon, look for it. This is
great fun and gets loads of people involved. Look for another contest
soon featuring a Gold Basin meteorite! Everyone needs on of these
great chondrites in their collection.

Thanks Everyone! :)

Eric

Regards,