[meteorite-list] Mammoths Found Peppered with Meteorite Fragments

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:05:39 -0800

Hello Tracy, All,
I agree, but the main problem is that the spherule-type material from
Canyon Diablo wasn't fired out of anything; it condensed out of a
cloud of vapour that formed as a result of the meteorites vaporization
upon impact. They weren't necessarily hot to any appreciable degree
when they touched ground, and they weren't moving any more quickly
than terminal velocity.
I think this is just a case of ignorance: of physics, meteorites, etc.
Regards,
Jason