[meteorite-list] Phoenix desert fireball

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:54:55 -0700

That isn't footage of a Geminid (it is space junk), and it wasn't taken
near Phoenix. This video was made by a Fox News helicopter over Denver
on January 4, 2007. Here's a YouTube link showing the original news
report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pPGxAyrY0 (with depressingly
bad commentary) and here's my report, since this was also caught on the
Colorado allsky network cameras:
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20070104.html

Actually, the video in the link you provide looks like it might be
pieced together from several sources.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory