[meteorite-list] Phoenix desert fireball

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:35:09 -0600

Hi Matteo, Listees,

Right - BTW, what's the deal on that tremendous bolide that fell near
Trieste somewhere over Slovenia, and lit up Venice like a Christmas tree a
month ago, during the Leonid nights?

For some reason I just received your post now in my inbox (but it has an
older date - must have been a problem with some invisible server somewhere).

Mike F., Chris P., Larry L. and several others like Andi and Mike B. and
Anne's favorite News channel kindly pointed out that it in fact you are
right and it was a satellite; even possibly two similar events were included
in the video clip (ref: Chris). Either way, that doesn't make the sight any
less incredible. From an observers' point of view it was a wonderful show
to appreciate the return of "Machines from Space" (please buy my new book of
this title) as an artificial bolide that dropped (ref: Mike F.) artificial
meteorites under provisional classification as "Aztec" (or should we call
them, SATILLITITES !!!)

Best Wishes and Life,
Doug