[meteorite-list] Mammoth Stew, shooing nuisances away from the fire

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:32:29 -0800 (PST)

Jason wrote:

>The only person in denial here is you, who refuses to
>accept the fact that he can't possibly know with any
>certainty what sort of cosmic cataclysms caused
either >dust layer.

And Darren chimed in:

>Sure he can. 200 years ago, between sips of
>firewater, some indian told some trader something
that >he roughly translated as "great snake eat
>firebird's moccasans, rain death on Great Ancestors"

That is a deliberate lie as well as a slander on every
Native American.

"And if you don't agree with what he says, you don't
"understand him and are stupid, you European,
"forked-tounge-speaking invader.

Actually, the evidence is what it is. Insulting me is
not going to change it, and in doing so you only
demonstrate yourself to be a fool.

Darren also wrote:

>And don't forget (only seen because someone quoted
>him--originals go bye bye) the gem that the Canyon
>Diablo impact "might have generated neutrons",
>synthesizing C14 and skewing C14 data. Hy-larious.

Actually, Darren, that's creating C14, not
"synthesizing" it, and yes the radio-dating
calibration charts seem to indicate that neutrons may
be released in hyper-velocity impacts.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas