[meteorite-list] What a Joke ?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 19:46:25 -0600

Hi,

    Well, I tell you, when the Aliens come to Earth,
they fly right past New York and Paris, they avoid
Beijing and Tokyo. They steer away from the bright
lights and all those exciting things and they head
straight for Bayou LaFourche!

    When they land their UFO on the bayou, it float
there just like a pirogue on the bayou, except UFO's
are so light that it want to drift away real easy. So, the
Aliens gotta have an anchor for their UFO so it don't
get lost on the current.

    They bring these rocks from their home planet and
they tie a rope real tight around the rock and they toss it
out the back door of the UFO and that's their anchor.
To us, this rock look just like some dumb old rock, but
to the Aliens, these are very special rocks.

    Most all the rocks on the Alien planet, they're alive,
see, and worse, they're telepathic! If the Aliens took
one of them and brought it to Earth and it got left
behind, then we Earthlings could ask it questions,
telepathically, you see, and then we'd learn all about
the Aliens.

    So, they are real careful to bring only Dumb Rocks
to the Earth, 'cause they don't want us to find out
about'em.

    Dumb Rocks are rare on the Alien planet. Most of
the rocks there are real blabbermouths. But Dumb Rocks
are just like the rocks here on Earth -- they just Dumb
Rocks, don't know nothing and can't talk. The Aliens
test a lot of their rocks to be sure they've got a Dumb
Rock. But it's very hard to be sure.

    Sometimes, a Rock ain't Dumb; he just don't feel
like talking.

    So, now that they've lost this Rock here on Earth,
they are real worried. Maybe that Rock ain't so Dumb
after all...

    They're worried so bad because this eBay Seller, he
knows that this is an Alien Rock! How could he know
that? No way... Unless the Rock told him!

    They don't have no choice -- they have to get this
Alien Rock back. So they are going to pay $150,000
for the Rock, and that is going to be one lucky eBay
Seller, get that $150,000 from PayPal ET.

    But the joke is on those Aliens. 'Cause this ain't nothin
but One Dumb Rock after all.

Sterling K. Webb