[meteorite-list] Samples

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:35:39 -0500

When I had NWA 4716 classified I submitted about 23 or so grams for analysis. 3+ grams
were used in the process leaving somewhat over 19g. MetSoc will be publishing full details
on NWA 4716 soon, but the 20g limit is before process loss.

Also, as a result of my inquiries regarding the status of NWA 4716, MetSoc will, in the future,
be including main mass info and any other analysis available in their database when the
number is first assigned, even though a stone may be still provisional. As it is right now there
is minimal info available on provisional stones. NWA 4716 had chemical and thin section
analysis before the number was applied for and that info is not yet in the MetSoc database.
In the future this will change.

Gary in VT