[meteorite-list] Samples

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:04:14 -0700

Point well taken Mike. The institutions that classify meteorites for
free have been overwhelmed with a lot of common material, much of
which consists of very small samples. Maybe we need to remember why
these institutions exist in the first place. Research of meteorites
helps academia develop a better understanding of our solar system and
beyond. Common chondrites may still have something to offer in terms
of new finds, but I think that the rarer material, the achondrites,
planetary and lunar material is what researchers really want to spend
their time, and their limited budgets on.

John