[meteorite-list] Green MOON OVER TUCSON-photo

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:02:22 -0500

Hello List, with such a brilliant moon above us these evenings, Tucson
a.k.a., "The Old Pueblo" is the METEORITICALLY ENDOWED city to be,
which such a tradition of attracting the most fabulous planetary
specimens every February. This year is no exception!

Please enjoy the follow photo from Tucson today at this link - but
there is no substitute for seeing in up and close in person:
http://www.diogenite.com/luna606.jpg

For those not so fortunate to peruse the fantastic selection in the
dealers' hotel rooms, I wanted to pass along this picture which I feel
on top of the world to have been fortunate to get thanks to the very
gracious group in Chladni?s Heir?s (room 334 on the second floor of the
InnSuites Hotel 2nd floor).

In it you can see me grinning like possum holding the 606 GRAM BIG
GREEN REGMAGLYPTED LUNAR NWA 3163/4483. Like in years before when Bob
Haag was so kind to let me hold his Calcalong Creek and Mike his Holy
Grail (Sadly I missed Greg?s main mass an Tucson last year), this year
I must extend my congratulations to Stefan, Martin and Andi for a
mind-bogglingly attractive new recovery of this lunar beauty.

The weather is a bit nippy in the evenings and has drizzled a bit
during the last two days, but we look forward to a warm and Sunny
weekend.

Rubbing elbows with the grande dame of meteoritika, the editor of
Meteorite Magazine, the TV stars, and all of the famous meteorite
hunting desert vacuum cleaners, stone cutter and iron sculpters, Rusty
Bill and the Russians who have made it against all odds, and the many
Moroccan friends - we are fortunate to have, Best health,
Doug