[meteorite-list] The New Jersey Object

From: Gary K. Foote <gary_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:35:35 -0500

Mike,

I observed the same thing and was struck by the way this chunk of metal looks more like
it passed through some kind of grinder or other machinery. That kind of damage just
doesn't seem consistent with falling iron. It looks more like slag that got caught up in
some machinery than a meteoreite to me.

'Course I'm no expert, so my comments are worth just that - comments. I'll be interested
to read the results when/if this object is finally tested properly.

I feel strongly that displaying it as it is now, with all kinds of info about meteorites
is very misleading and if any $$$ are being made it could come back on those involved as
fraud.

Gary
http://www.meteorite-dealers.com