[meteorite-list] Meteorite lands in Didim

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:41:09 -0800 (PST)

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=477

Meteorite lands in Didim (Turkey?)
Date: Friday, February 02 _at_ 23:20:11 EET
Topic: Local News

POLICE were inundated with calls from scores of people
from Didim to Bodrum after they heard a big bang and a
flash of light across the skies.

Despite officers being unable to explain the flashing
green, yellow and red lights, Voices has solved the
phenomena.

It was not a UFO but a meteorite which crash through
the earth?s atmosphere and landed in Ye?ilkent.

A startled Abdullah Ar?t?rk revealed that the rock had
smashed a hole in the ground at the Green Park
Complex, at Ye?ilkent, narrowly missing him by ten
metres.

Police reported that people from Bodrum, Milas and
Didim had heard a bang and seen the flashing light
across the skies at about 5.30pm on Thursday (Jan 31).

Mr Ar?t?rk said: ?I thought this was it. I thought it
was the apocalypse. I saw the bang and the flashing
lights and this rock smashed into the ground quite
near me. It was very frightening.?

After telling the Voices of his story, Mr Ar?t?rk is
now awaiting scientists from Aegean University, in
?zmir, to take the meteorite away for closer
examination.