[meteorite-list] New FALL in Turkey

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:15:48 +0100

This is correct. You better not carry a nice sea shell, let alone
some good replica of something looking antique (...let alone a
meteorite!!!) in your baggage when leaving Turkey. They are
tough-minded on this, and your are risking draconic fines.

I met with a collector friend in Turkey last year, on the
occasion of the total solar eclipse. We both agreed to better
not carry any of our own meteorites with us for some showing and
trading, as we sometimes do, when we meet. Too high a risk!

Alex
Berlin/Germany