[meteorite-list] 2007 Michael Blood Auction

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:58:51 -0800

Hi All,

As I e-mailed David privately, I believe Michael prefers that attendees
not report final prices from his Tucson auction in a wide distribution
forum such as this. While meteorite aficionados who have been
collecting for many years realize that auction prices have little or no
bearing on expected retail prices, new collectors might be discouraged
from buying dealer items that typically (but not always!) have higher
per-gram prices than comparable pieces that sold at auction. And I
certainly think it
would be a disservice to the many meteorite dealers working hard in
Tucson to have such a price list posted while the show is still ongoing.

Now if you were an absentee bidder on one or more items, then I can
understand your curiosity about what they went for. For those of you
in this camp, I recorded the final prices of all lots up to #108 (but
unfortunately did not track the dozens of last-minute entries that did
not appear in Michael's online catalog). I can provide specific prices,
privately, on a case-by-case basis as long as I don't get too
overwhelmed with requests (and I don't get a call/e-mail from Michael in
the mean
time asking not to do it!) This is my first day back from the show
(which was terrific, as usual!) so I'll be a bit frazzled for the
next day or two getting caught up on work and e-mail. --Rob