[meteorite-list] the hambledon pallasite

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:38:52 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Not mine - Rob Elliott's - it's on loan for a show, but yep - that xl took a
lot of looking at too - personally I think it is terrestrial. Under the
scope the xl is embedded in the loose, almost Caliche type weathering on the
very crust - it would need XRDing to check it out but I think it is a pyrite
xl -silvery and not, as far as we can tell transparent/transclucent
It is far out - what a slice of heaven I tell you!