[meteorite-list] AUCTION RESULTS - Blood and Lang

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:45:31 -0800

Hi All,
        Just got back from the big one.
        Haven't come close to reading all my 473 emails, but I am more
convinced than ever that the lack of an additional check out person
at my auction is, indeed, a situation in need of correcting. My plan
for this year fell through at the last minute but I am now more
determined than ever to correct this problem once and for all.
        Imagine my delight in hearing Jim Strope is willing to
perform that duty for only $100! Yippie! You're hired, Jim!
Please, everyone, let Jim know how grateful you are for being
willing to take care of this for us all. It will make the final buy
outs go twice as quickly, as well.
        I also read that people are increasingly wanting auction prices
listed and even show dealers are chiming in in favor of this (at least
in one instance - haven't been able to read all posts, as mentioned -
and I do see that as another appropriate list topic) and I am, therefore,
reconsidering this, as my major issue in the past has been regarding
the feelings of the show dealers on this issue. I will make a decision
in the next day or two and, if in favor of posting prices, will do so
via the on-line catalog. I am currently leaning in favor of doing so,
but if I do, the list will remain posted for like 30 days, not all year.
I would like to hear PRIVATELY from any and all dealers on this
issue in the next 24 hrs. Please contact me directly via email with
"POSTING AUCTION PRICES" in the subject box so that I read
your opinion immediately. While I am not stating I will automatically
go with the majority opinion on this, it will be the major determining
factor in making up my mind on this particular issue - and there is
no need for this particular topic to be bantered about on the list.
                                    ----------------------------
        As for all other details (timing of sellers being paid, buyers'
credit card processing, absentee bidders being notified, etc) will be
handled one on one, as per announcements prior to the auction - not
via the Meteorite List newsletter where these are not appropriate
topics.
        Best wishes to all, Michael
(PS: My name is not "Blood," it is Michael Blood. If you do not choose
to use my first name it is then appropriate to place "Mr." in front of
my family name. We are not raw recruits in the military nor High
School jerks - though some times I wonder about the latter)

--
It is difficult to get a man to understand something if his
salary depends on him not understanding it.